THE HUB considers its information systems a fundamental tool in the development of its activities. These systems process the information required for the management of the organization, which also includes personal data. Both those responsible for the company, as well as the current regulations, consider it essential to respect privacy and intimacy in the treatment of this information.
With the purpose of establishing a secure environment that allows to reasonably guarantee the protection, confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data, as well as the compliance with the corresponding legislation, this Security Policy has been elaborated.
This Policy is based on compliance with Law 1581 of 2012, on personal data protection, and Decrees 1377 of 2013 and 1081 of 2015 that partially regulate it. The objective of the regulations is to develop the constitutional right of all individuals to know, update and rectify the information that has been collected about them in databases or files, and the other rights, freedoms and constitutional guarantees referred to in Article 15 of the Political Constitution; as well as the right to information enshrined in Article 20 of the same.
And what is personal data?
It is any information linked or that can be associated to one or more specific or determinable natural person(s). For example, we can include contact information such as name, address, cell phone number or nationality.
Contact details of the Controller
- The Hub Services and Technology for the Travel Industry Sociedad por Acciones Simplificada
- NIT 901.489.740-1
- Calle 5#66B-75 Oficina 301 – Cali Colombia
- +34 871 153 654
Purpose of the processing of personal data
We collect the following data in order to manage the requests for information that you make through the contact form on our website:
– Company name
– E-mail address
– Telephone or cell phone.
We will also use your contact information to send you electronic information about our services and products. You may revoke your consent at any time if you no longer wish to receive advertising about our company.
How is personal information collected?
THE HUB collects information through the contact form on the website https://www.thehub4travel.com/contact/ and will be stored in our systems in order to handle inquiries.
The information provided will remain stored for the maximum term necessary to enable us to fulfill our legal and/or contractual obligations.
What rights do I have and how can I request them?
You freely, expressly and previously state that you have been informed about the rights that the law grants you as the owner of your personal data. These rights are listed below:
– To know, update and rectify your personal data before the entity responsible for the treatment or in charge of the treatment of your personal data.
– To request proof of the authorization granted to the data controller, except when expressly exempted as a requirement for the processing.
– To be informed by the data controller or data processor, upon request, regarding the use given to the personal data.
– File complaints before the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce for violations to the personal data protection regime.
– Revoke the authorization and/or request the deletion of personal data under the terms of Law 1581 of 2012.
– Access free of charge once a month to their personal data that have been processed, under the terms of current regulations.
For the filing and attention of your request we ask you to provide the following information:
– Full name and surname
– Contact information (physical and/or electronic address and contact telephone numbers),
– Means to receive a response to your request,
– Reason(s)/fact(s) giving rise to the claim with a brief description of the right you wish to exercise (know, update, rectify, request proof of authorization granted, revoke, delete, access to information).
– Signature (if applicable) and identification number.
The maximum term provided by law to resolve your claim is fifteen (15) business days, counted from the day following the date of receipt. When it is not possible to address the claim within that period, THE HUB will inform the interested party the reasons for the delay and the date on which the claim will be addressed, which in no case may exceed eight (8) working days following the expiration of the first term.
Once the terms set forth in Law 1581 of 2012 and other rules that regulate or complement it, the Holder who is denied, in whole or in part, the exercise of the rights of access, updating, rectification, deletion and revocation, may bring their case to the attention of the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce -Delegation for the Protection of Personal Data-.
Transfers and transmissions of data
Your data may be transferred to subsidiaries and third parties with contractual relationships with the company. For this purpose, in the corresponding contract THE HUB will include the relevant obligations to ensure that such companies provide the level of protection of personal data required by law. Also, THE HUB to fulfill the purposes described above or others required by law and / or by competent authorities, only share or transfer the necessary data in the cases legally provided.
In THE HUB we collect, process and store your data applying information security policies and standards. These security measures apply to both electronic and paper information, and ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data.
Updating the policy
This policy will be reviewed and updated regularly. Therefore, we recommend that you visit our website from time to time to see any changes that may affect you. In any case, we will contact you if the policy undergoes significant changes, through the email you have provided us.
Validity of the policy
This policy is effective as of 01.06.2021